Author. (Date). Title. Source.
Text of the annotation.
Annotated bibliographies should be formatted with the following elements:
- Alphabetical order according to the first surname of each reference
- Double spaced throughout
- A hanging indent of 1.27cm for reference entries. Follow formatting that is consistent with standard APA reference lists
- Each annotation begins as a new paragraph below the reference entry with a Block indent of 1.27cm
- Indent the first line of each annotation only if it spans multiple paragraphs
- Start each entry on a new line without spaces between paragraphs
- Use in text citations where necessary
- Do not include a standard APA reference list at the end.
Richardson, J., Sheean, L., & Bambling, M. (2009). Becoming a therapist or counsellor: A survey of psychotherapy and counselling trainers. Psychotherapy in Australia, 16(1), 70-80. https://doi.org/10.4135/9781446217801.n18
Richardson, Sheean and Bambling (2009) have conducted research about how to become a therapist or counsellor in the Australian context. The authors highlight that there is limited research about the typical pathways that people take to become a therapist or counsellor, and therefore conducted a survey where 37 practitioners in the field were asked questions regarding their career pathway. In particular, the findings from this study indicate that there is a large diversity of entry pathways into a career in counselling and therapy, which presents both challenges and opportunities for students interested in studying this field. Moreover, this article also found that some of the most common factors included a commitment to study, ideally with some practical experience and/or supervision, an ability to analyse, and individual life experience. Overall, this article provides a unique insight into the diversity of pathways taken by professionals in the counselling and therapy field. Although the research is preliminary and its qualitative approach may lead to some limitations in terms of the interpretation of the data collected, this article will still serve as a useful source of information for potential students looking to study in this field.